Do I need rehab?
If you can relate to any of these common signs and symptoms of drug abuse you probably do need rehab because your addiction has reached the point of no return. Most addicts and alcoholics cannot stop using drugs or drinking on their own and require the services of a drug rehab. You probably need drug rehab if:
- You’re neglecting your responsibilities at school, work, or home (e.g. flunking classes, skipping work, neglecting your children) because of your drug use.
- You’re using drugs under dangerous conditions or taking risks while high, such as driving while on drugs, using dirty needles, or having unprotected sex.
- Your drug use is getting you into legal trouble, such as arrests for disorderly conduct, driving under the influence, or stealing to support a drug habit.
- Your drug use is causing problems in your relationships, such as fights with your partner or family members, an unhappy boss, or the loss of old friends.
- You’ve built up a drug tolerance. You need to use more of the drug to experience the same affects you used to get with smaller amounts.
- You take drugs to avoid or relieve withdrawal symptoms. If you go too long without drugs, you experience symptoms such as nausea, restlessness, insomnia, depression, sweating, shaking, and anxiety.
- You’ve lost control over your drug use. You often do drugs or use more than you planned, even though you told yourself you wouldn’t. You may want to stop using, but you feel powerless. You say you are going to stop tomorrow and end up using anyways
- Your life revolves around drug use. You spend a lot of time using and thinking about drugs, figuring out how to get them, and recovering from the drug’s effects.
- You’ve abandoned activities you used to enjoy, such as hobbies, sports, and socializing, because of your drug use.
- You continue to use drugs, despite knowing it’s hurting you. It’s causing major problems in your life—blackouts, infections, mood swings, depression, paranoia—but you use anyway.
- If the drug fulfills a valuable need, you may find yourself increasingly relying on it.
All of these are sure signs that you need rehab. Drug use does not start off this bad, it is a gradual progression that slowly gets worse and worse overtime. Your drug use or drinking may have started out just on the weekends or just for fun and now has turned into something that you just can’t stop doing. This is a sign that you definitely need rehab. Rehab can be the place that gets you your life back. It is not a sign of weakness to ask for help or to attend rehab to overcome an addiction or drinking problem, it actually takes a lot of courage to do what it takes to change your life. So if you are wondering if you need rehab and think you may have the signs that you do, get up the courage to finally gain your life back and go call a drug rehab right now.